It is now more important than ever to nurture your commercial premises and create hygienically clean working environments. Good office cleaning practices positively impact employees. Work becomes a place for inspiration and well-being. Happy staff members are not only more productive, but they also have higher job satisfaction, take fewer sick days, avoid burn out and show increased loyalty.
Happiness in the workplace happens for lots of various reasons. For some people, it happens when they're achieving great things. For others, it happens when they're staying back to help one another. For most, it happens when they're feeling valued. What can't be underestimated is the role that a clean, safe and hygienic environment makes people feel valued. Happy staff are more likely to give higher work performance, be proud of their clean workplace and stay longer, thus reducing staff churn.
Did you know that:
- The average employee loses nine working days a year to sickness, some of which may be attributed to a lack of workplace hygiene.
- A typical office keyboard can carry up to 7,500 bacteria at any given time.
- The average work desk is actually 400 times dirtier than the average toilet seat. Shocked?
- Approximately 80% of common infections are transmitted by touch. That means that germs are probably spread every time you touch something.
- Viruses such as the flu can linger on unclean surfaces such as work desks for 24 hours, and COVID-19 can last up to 72 hours.
- 60% of absences from work illnesses are contracted from dirty equipment in the office such as e-coli, staph and bacteria.
- With 65% of office workers sharing phones and computers, and with a whopping 25,127 germs per square inch found on just a telephone.